Belvidere Heights Baptist was started as a mission of First Baptist Church in Belton in a new suburb of Grandview in 1953. On September 21, 1958. Belvidere Heights Baptist Mission became Belvidere Heights Baptist Church. A constitution was adopted, officers were elected and Rainford Davis was called to be the pastor. It was organized with 63 charter members. In October 1958, Belvidere Heights Baptist Church made a request to the Blue River Baptist Association for full membership and affiliation. This would also mean that the church would be a member of the Missouri Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Convention.
The church has had many pastors through the years who led the church to minister to the community and touch the city, state, country, and world with the Gospel. Today BHBC partners with the school and community and leads people to "follow Jesus, and make disciples of all nations."